In this episode, we talk to Katie Asmus at Namaste Healing Arts. Katie practices as a somatic, nature-based and adventure psychotherapist, life coach, educator, mentor, quest guide and workshop facilitator. Katie focused her graduate thesis on body-centered interventions for working with trauma and she's presented internationally in these fields of study for the past 18 years…Read More
Filtering by Tag: mental health
In this interview with Reuvain Bacal, a transformational coach who helps highly motivated men and couples, we explore what it means to live from who we truly are. Reuvain helps people become more aware of how their showing up and what habitual patterns may be holding them back. He also facilitates the practice of letting go these conditioned behaviors and embracing the authentic self. I've worked with him personally and I believe this is an inspiring conversation full of rich moments that can help all of us on the path of life.Read More
In this heartwarming conversation I talk to Avani Dilger, founder of Natural Highs, about the work she's doing to cultivate health in our community and throughout the world.Read More
In this episode we talk with Wendy Stern, the founder of the Grief Support Network in Boulder, CO.
- The beautiful and inspiring story of what the Grief Support Network is and why Wendy created it?
- The importance of culture and how people relate to people who are grieving in the healing process.
- The Role of mindfulness in experiencing and moving through grief.
- How grief can lead to an Identity shift
- The role Pheonix Rising Yoga founded by Michael Lee played in developing programming for the Grief Support Network
- The importance of being in community with others who are going through the same experience and a safe space where you’re allowed to show up authentically
- The importance of being with oneself and processing the grief within oneself as an individual
- The Art of listening - how to listen to oneself and others, connect and be in community
- The importance of Rituals
- Why Yoga was essential to Wendy’s ability to move through grief. And What it is about Yoga that is so helpful. (Hint: It brings together the physical, emotional, and spiritual).
- The role meditation and journaling can play in working through grief.
- The resistance that can come up working through grief.
- The importance of being witnessed in your process.
- Learn about Ben Gaibel's personal journey in becoming a social worker and therapist.
Why moving towards life’s challenges and uncomfortable elements are an essential part of healing and growth and how facing challenges doesn’t have to be scary or depressing.
- How and why meditation and mindfulness are a part of the mental health work that Ben does.
- Learn about Jon Kabat Zinn and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)