In this episode, we talk to Katie Asmus at Namaste Healing Arts. Katie practices as a somatic, nature-based and adventure psychotherapist, life coach, educator, mentor, quest guide and workshop facilitator. Katie focused her graduate thesis on body-centered interventions for working with trauma and she's presented internationally in these fields of study for the past 18 years…Read More
Filtering by Tag: Ritual
The Intersection of Functional Medicine and Shamanism - A Conversation with Tracy Shulsinger, Holistic Nurse Practitioner
Tracy Shulsinger is a Holistic Nurse Practitioner and Shamanic Healer practicing at The Healing Collective in Boulder, CO. After exploring how and why Tracy came to practice medicine, we dive into what Functional Medicine, the evolution of traditional Western medicine, is. Then we pivot and explore her practices as a Shamanic Healer and discuss how Western medicine and Shamanic healing can coexist and even work together.Read More
In this heartwarming conversation I talk to Avani Dilger, founder of Natural Highs, about the work she's doing to cultivate health in our community and throughout the world.Read More
In this episode we talk with Wendy Stern, the founder of the Grief Support Network in Boulder, CO.
- The beautiful and inspiring story of what the Grief Support Network is and why Wendy created it?
- The importance of culture and how people relate to people who are grieving in the healing process.
- The Role of mindfulness in experiencing and moving through grief.
- How grief can lead to an Identity shift
- The role Pheonix Rising Yoga founded by Michael Lee played in developing programming for the Grief Support Network
- The importance of being in community with others who are going through the same experience and a safe space where you’re allowed to show up authentically
- The importance of being with oneself and processing the grief within oneself as an individual
- The Art of listening - how to listen to oneself and others, connect and be in community
- The importance of Rituals
- Why Yoga was essential to Wendy’s ability to move through grief. And What it is about Yoga that is so helpful. (Hint: It brings together the physical, emotional, and spiritual).
- The role meditation and journaling can play in working through grief.
- The resistance that can come up working through grief.
- The importance of being witnessed in your process.
Astrid and Leela are two special woman who have co-created The Red Earth Herbal Gathering - a safe and sacred space to grow community centered around honoring the feminine and the divine. This two day transformative event happening August 19-20 on Pachamama Farm will be offering powerful workshops about plant-medicine and womanhood.
Listen to our discussion to tap into the life-nurturing impulse behind this event, learn about other community events, and take away some inspiration. Join the movement of human beings promoting peace and nourishing life.Read More
3: The Sacred Birth - Interview with Dakota Hindman, doula and ceremonialist with Matrescence Doula Services
This is a great interview with Dakota Hindman, a doula and ceremonialist. It was a lot of fun to connect with Dakota. I enjoyed hearing her thoughts on supporting families while they birth and appreciated the inclusion of ceremony and sanctity in the transformative process. We discussed some of the cultural shifts we’d like to see occur and how the current culture impacts the experience for a lot of people.Read More