In this episode we talk with Wendy Stern, the founder of the Grief Support Network in Boulder, CO.
- The beautiful and inspiring story of what the Grief Support Network is and why Wendy created it?
- The importance of culture and how people relate to people who are grieving in the healing process.
- The Role of mindfulness in experiencing and moving through grief.
- How grief can lead to an Identity shift
- The role Pheonix Rising Yoga founded by Michael Lee played in developing programming for the Grief Support Network
- The importance of being in community with others who are going through the same experience and a safe space where you’re allowed to show up authentically
- The importance of being with oneself and processing the grief within oneself as an individual
- The Art of listening - how to listen to oneself and others, connect and be in community
- The importance of Rituals
- Why Yoga was essential to Wendy’s ability to move through grief. And What it is about Yoga that is so helpful. (Hint: It brings together the physical, emotional, and spiritual).
- The role meditation and journaling can play in working through grief.
- The resistance that can come up working through grief.
- The importance of being witnessed in your process.